How do I use my new Vonage phone (brand name of phone is Yealink)?
These are the critical things you need to know:
- Please ignore any emails you may receive from Vonage when we establish your account. There is nothing you need to do or install.
- You no longer need to enter "8" to dial out. Simply enter the number as you would your cell phone.
- Your phone number is the same as on the previous system so there is no need to worry about number changes
- You will not be able to dial people still on the old phone system via 4-digit dialing until they have ported to Vonage (and visa-versa)
- Every person will have their own individual 10-digit phone number and your extension is the last 4 digits of that number (or last 3 digits if your last 4 digits start with a zero)
- All voice mails you receive will be emailed to you and will also be available at the phone. If this does not happen for you - please let us know at the Helpdesk.
- Your voicemail can be configured by dialing *100 (or clicking the button on the phone that looks like an envelope). Your default voicemail PIN is 1234 (there is an option to change it on the voice mail menu - please do so immediately)
- You may see your extension listed multiple times on your display - that is completely normal. We can also add other lines to your display if needed so you can see if other people in your office are on the phone. Email the Helpdesk if you would like that feature.
- Most of the phone features are self-explanatory but if you need additional info a Yealink quick-start guide is also attached on this page